I have officially moved in to my new home in Cairo! I am living with the Brewer's. They just moved to Cairo from Springfield, Missouri... and they are amazing! It has been such a blessing to see the Lord working in their lives and for them to so generously offer to house me for the next year.
This is a picture of my new sister Courtney!! (She's in 10th grade...and is totally awesome!)

So it has definitely been a long week, just trying to get settled in my new room and get things organized and unpacked. We also have a lot going on with youth stuff at Church. We're pretty much in full-swing right now. We'll be starting our cell groups this week... I'm leading a group of high school girls, and couldn't be more excited about all that the Lord has in store for us this year. I've been thinking a lot lately just about being intentional with the time I have here, and not wasting the opportunities I've been given to get to know these incredible girls. So that is a major prayer request as we really get things going here.
On a totally different note, I am still in good health... the food has been great (though we haven't been allowed to eat any real Egyptian food yet- thanks Trav). Last night Mrs. Brewer made Spaghetti and it was delicious!
Mr. Doug was definitely right about allergies here. The pollution is terrible, and so it is definitely harder to breathe and I get out of breath a lot quicker than in Birmingham. Well, we're off to Lunch, then I'm going to play golf with Mrs. Rogers! Thanks for all of your prayers! They are definitely much needed and much appreciated!

1 comment:
happy stay in the new home
:)
Post a Comment