Some of you may be wondering why I haven't blogged in a while... and the answer is that sadly, my brand new MacBook is sick. The other day I pushed the button to turn it on, and was greeted with a black screen and a continuous sequence of 3 deafening beeps. I called Apple Support and apparently it is a problem with the RAM. Luckily, Apple actually has an authorized Apple store here in Cairo, so I am going to try to take it in on Sunday and let the guy look at it... I just pray that he speaks/understands English!
Well, other than the computer catastrophe, everything has been going great! I finally feel a little more acclimated with the city and the culture (though I still don't know my way around too well). This was our first week of work, and I absolutely love it! I thought it would be super difficult to be in a new place and have to come in to a community where everyone knows everyone, but it is not like that at all. This is such a warm and accepting community, where I feel so at ease and welcomed. I have been constantly reminded of God's incredible provision. As hard as it was to leave my amazing family and friends behind, God has brought me here for a purpose. I can already feel Him at work in me; molding me and breaking me and making me into a more effective servant of His Kingdom. One thing I have cherished the most in the week that I have been here, is the way that the people love each other. What an incredible blessing to be apart of a community that is constantly seeking to uplift and encourage its members! And I feel challenged to cultivate the gifts that God has placed within me in order to better serve those around me. Needless to say, I cannot wait to see what He has in store for this year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment