...Even over the stomach virus... It has definitely been a trying day. It started last night, as I was finishing up getting everything together and in my suitcases, and my grandmother came over. As she was leaving she gave me a hug and I guess at some point noticed my face felt flushed...she then felt my forehead, like only grandmothers can do (I swear they have a sixth sense about that kind of stuff), she proceeded to tell me that I had a fever...but I didn't have time to get sick, so I disregarded the comment. However, around 11:30 last night, I started feeling a bit nauseous, convincing myself that it was merely due to nervousness about leaving. Boy was I wrong... I never actually fell asleep, but got up at 3:45 a.m. and got ready anyways. We changed my flight from the original 6 a.m. one to a later 9:45 a.m one, so that I would have more time to rest and try to take some medicine and feel better. As we got in the car to finally go to the airport... I started feeling more and more sick to my stomach.
Needless to say, I didn't actually make it on the plane. It has definitely been a hard day; not only getting sick, but missing my flights and having to deal with the entire process of trying to re-book and exchange tickets. It's one of those days where I wanted everything to be perfect and to go so smootly, and the Lord lovingly reminded me that no matter how hard I try or how much I want something to work out a certain way, it is ultimately God that is in control and He is sovereign even over the stomach virus and missing flights. What a comfort and peace to know that there is reason behind everything... there is a reason I am not on that plane right now (though I might not ever know what that reason is).
So my prayer is that I would be intentional in making the most of this opportunity to spend more time with my friends and family, and that I would be even better prepared for the work that I'll be doing in Cairo. I am confident that the Lord is working in and through this, and cannot wait to see His plan for the next year unfold.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Cameron,
First of all, I am so excited that you started a blog and that I found it! I hate that you are so sick, but at least you will get to spend some more time with family. I will be praying for you and I look forward to seeing what the Lord is doing through you :)
Love,
Shannon
Post a Comment