Saturday, June 7, 2008

T-Minus 48 Days!

It is hard to believe that in 48 days I will be leaving everything and everyone I've ever known to move half-way around the world. It is completely exhilarating and yet totally petrifying all at the same time. It's one of those things that seems so nonsensical...I mean I've talked about moving to the Middle East for a few years, but I guess, deep down I never thought I would actually go through with it. Yet in all honesty, I have never been more sure about anything.

What a blessing it is to see the Lord's provision in my life over the past few years... Even from last year, when I found this internship at Maadi Community Church in Cairo, and applied and got accepted; and then good ol' Bronwyn and Scot stepped in, and well, most of you probably know how that panned out... yet the Lord was there, and He was working out His perfect plan through all the heated debates and with the amazing people He brought alongside us to provide counsel and advice; and ultimately through the wise discernment of my parents in not letting me go. For if I had gone, I would have missed out on so many incredible opportunities right here in Birmingham; namely, the opportunity to be the youth intern at Mtn. Brook Community Church. What an honor it has been to be apart of the student's lives; to see the Lord working in and through them has not only had a profound impact on my life, it has served to help me fully realize the Lord's calling for my life.

And so now after one year, one college degree, and whole lot of prayer and support, I am finally preparing to embark on one of the biggest adventures of my life! There are definitely times when the reality of it hits me and I wonder what I've gotten myself into...Like when Reed asked me how I am planning on packing everything I need to function for an entire year in two suitcases each weighing less than 50 pounds (I still have no clue how I'll accomplish that one). Or when another friend reminded me that I don't actually know anyone I'll be over there with (although I've talked to them on the phone a couple of times)... Needless to say, I cannot wait to see what the Lord has in store for me over the next year!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah i made your BLOG!!!

Katie Oliver said...

Cameron! I am already missing you! I hope your flight is going well!!