It is officially 2 days until I get on a plane and head back to Birmingham... It's hard to believe that I've been here for over 4 months now. Time has definitely flown by (hence the lack of updates). God has done some incredible things- and taught me more than I could have ever imagined. Not only did He draw me nearer to Himself by taking me out of my comfort zone and placing me in a totally foreign environment- but then He blessed me all the more by providing this incredible community of believers who have taken me in and loved and accepted me. He has provided friends and families who have continually encouraged me and challenged me in the best way possible. Through the ups and downs of living in a foreign city, surrounded by a completely different culture, the Lord has truly been sufficient in providing exactly what I need- whether its a safe-haven to escape the noise and pollution of the city, or big family dinners at Mama Mac's where there's always a fresh pot of coffee and we sit and laugh until we cry, or crazy late night runs through the streets of Maadi, or amazing conversations with like-minded friends about God's plan for our lives- God is always moving and working and opening my eyes to see His wondrous creation and His redemptive plan for the world- and how I, as small and insignificant as I feel sometimes, even I have been called to play a role in His great story. And for at least the next few years, Lord willing, I will be playing out my part in Cairo. Yes, I said it, I am actually planning on staying here at least another year after my internship! It would take entirely too long to write out exactly how it came about and what I'll be doing, so you'll just have to wait until I can tell you in person in t-minus 2 days! So until then... here are a few pictures from the past few weeks!
This is Garbage City, where I go every Saturday to play with the babies at the Orphanage:

This is the Khan El Khalili, a huge outdoor market place in downtown Cairo:

My good friend Amy at mine and Revo's birthday party... one of the best Birthday's yet!

TEAM INTERN! Brenna, Clemente and I at the birthday party:

A group of girls we took to a village outside of Cairo to paint a pre-school room:

Hans, Brandy, Nathan, and I (the "adults" of the group...) Also the amazing friends I will hopefully be working with in the future :)

One more group photo...
1 comment:
Oh Cameron, it looks like you are having the time of your life! Can't wait to hear all the details of your time in Maadi. The Lord is a workin' in ole Cairo for sure! Wishes for a safe and speedy trip back to the mothership!! Luvs, Karen
Post a Comment