I'm now 2 hours into my 5 hour layover in New York, and it's been eventful to say the least... When I arrived from Atlanta, I thought it would be fun to check out the other terminals, you know, scope out the food options. So naturally I look for the little AirTrain that goes from terminal to terminal...little did I know that in order to get to the AirTrain, you have to actually leave the 'secured' area- I found out about 2 steps after going through 'the door of no return'- as I've no termed it, since I tried to talk to security person into letting me go back after I realized what I'd done. Apparently it wasn't gonna happen, so I just decided to check out the airtrain...which had no instructions or markings to tell you where it actually goes...so I flipped a coin to decide whether to take "Track 1" or "Track 2". Luckily I decided on Track 2, cause it turns out Track 1 ends up downtown somewhere. But then I got nervous about going to a different terminal, so I just rode the train in a circle around the airport...twice. I finally made it back to the right terminal, and LUCKY ME! I get to go through security AGAIN! As if it wasn't enough fun going through the first time in Atlanta. However, the good news is that while in line, I got to see an entire family wearing matching christmas turtlenecks and courdoroy pants, as well as a precious little Korean grandmother instructing her family on how to carry their bags.
Needless to say, it was an eventful 2 hours! And in about 3 more, I'll be on the plane headed back to Cairo! It was such a blessing to get to spend time at home and see everyone! It was overwhelming for me to hear of so many people who are praying for me. I definitely cherish those prayers and know that the Lord has been so faithful in bringing me to Cairo for a purpose, and being home definitely confirmed that longing in my heart to fulfill His purpose for my life. I cannot wait to get back and see what this new semester has in store! Thanks again for your prayers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment